Wednesday, December 9, 2015

VINaudit review



It’s been a year since I knew Vinaudit when one of my car addict friends has tried getting vehicle history reports. I was a big Carfax fan. Even though I heard a lot of rumors about Carfax so-called scams, I still believe in them and I was actually watching every night for their new coupons releases. Honestly, the price is quiet expensive but I still like them as I assume their records are very accurate. Nothing is perfect so I understand that even Carfax isn’t a 100% reliable and I just decided to try other resources and free VIN decoders and this is where Vinaudit came in.

Carfax gives just reports what have sent to them after purchasing. But, getting a single full vehicle history report for $40 isn’t an ideal price if you are on a tight budget. My friend has come over the NMVTIS website and has tried a discount coupon from one of its partners. He compared both reports from Carfax and VInaudit and found out that there were some records that don’t coincide with each other. He did vehicle history reports comparison on 5 cars so he can be more assured that he’s not getting ripped off and showed it to me. Though there are some discrepancies found on either one of the reports, most of the records were parallel. Getting a Vinaudit report is good but it is way better if you compare it with reports from Carfax or Autocheck. Don’t just rely with a single source. Vinaudit is just a partner of a few US government authorities especially NMVTIS so I believe they only show reports that were just reported to them like Carfax.

Vinaudit offered full vehicle history reports for only $4.99.I know you can find other discount coupons circling around online but this one is the latest coupon I found and used: Vinaudit Discount Coupon -  $4.99

This is one thing why I like Vinaudit because their coupon works for a year or more unlike Carfax. I haven’t used coupons other than this so I don’t know if they still work.

Here are Vinaudit’s data sources:

 National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) 
 National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB)
 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
 Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)

Vinaudit data includes:
Vehicle specifications
Vehicle title records.
Vehicle title brands
Total loss records
Scrap records
Salvage sold records
Open lien records
Impound records
Export records
Theft records
Accident records*
Sale records*

Data Sources are only few but Carfax don’t have them so this makes another reason to get Vinaudit vehicle history reports. Some considered it as Carfax Report Alternative but as for me, it could be smarter if you don’t rely only on one report to help you out of making a wiser decision and avoid scams. Check out its blog to get more ideas and tips on buying used cars

2 comments:

  1. One thing important is service records, appears is not on either of the two lists. Is car-fax only one that offers service records?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo
    I have a problem to decode my austin 1300,Please help me
    my VIN AASAS723232A I need production year, motor,colour etc
    Thanks for help Thomas

    ReplyDelete